Friday, June 21, 2002

Sorry... this will be quick

I'm taking a moment out of my disseration work to recommend a new Catholic blog, A Saintly Salmagundi, whose author -- Fr. Bryce Sibley -- I am happy to say I know from my time in Rome.

Fr. Bryce is one of the many wonderful priests coming out of the American diocesan seminary in Rome, the North American College (which, by the way, is one of the few places you can find a decent Thanksgiving meal on Turkey Day; for some reason, Romans don't celebrate this feast ;-).

Another NAC friend -- new D.C. priest Fr. Tim McMorland -- was recently profiled and interviewed by USAToday in what is generally an excellent article.

Trust me... if the men coming from the NAC are any indication, the future is bright for the Catholic Church in the U.S. And it's not just the new priests... many recent rectors of the NAC have gone on to become solid bishops. The most recent case is Bishop Timothy Dolan, who was recently interviewed in the National Catholic Register.

The future's so bright...

No comments: